OFFICIAL RULES GREAT GAS GIVEAWAY 2012 CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be United States residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB (the Station), Stewart's Shops, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter only once per day.
(b) Viewers will be asked to watch the Station’s CBS 6 Morning News weekdays between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. EST on Channel 6, and look for the two (2) daily words (one daily word per clock hour 5:00 a.m to 6:00 a.m. EST and 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. EST). To enter, Log onto www.CBS6Albany.com to complete the online entry form via the Upickem link with the required information including name, address, phone, age, daily word, and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on Thursday, February 2, 2012 and ends on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries will be accepted weekdays between during the clock hour for the respective daily word (5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. EST and 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. EST) during the Contest Period to be eligible for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each weekday during the Contest Period, two (2) winners (one winner per weekday per daily word) will be randomly selected from among valid and correct entries, for a total of forty (40) winners.. Remaining entries will not carry over to the next weekday drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Forty (40) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a $75 Gas Gift Card to Stewart's Shops. The gift card is subject to the terms and conditions of Stewart’s Shops.
2. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within seven (7) days of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 24 hours or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries for the respective daily drawing.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 and on the Station’s website at www.CBS6Albany.com at the Upickem link for this contest.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, Attn: Promotions and Contests, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by March 15, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, and Stewart's Shops accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.