Mother/Daughter Look-Alike 2012 CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be females 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB and WCWN (the “Stations”), The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Kugler’s Red Barn, Aesthetic Science Institute, MarEle Boutique (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a)No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant.
(b)To enter, log on to www.CBS6Albany.com or www.CW15Albany.com and click on the Mother’s Day 2012 contest button. Fill out the online Upickem entry form with your name, address, age and phone, then upload a photo depicting YOURSELF and your look alike loved one. Photo must be in .jpg format. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. No incomplete entries will be accepted.
(c)By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the photograph submitted, (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://www.cbs6albany.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Stations reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM EDT and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 10, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries will be received between 12:01 AM EDT April 25, 2012 and 11:59 PM. EDT on Thursday, May 3, 2012 to qualify for the voting period. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Between Friday, May 4, 2012 and [11:59 p.m. EDT]Thursday, May 10, 2012, viewers will be asked to vote online for his/her favorite look-alike picture. Voting is limited to one vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. On Friday, May 11, 2012, the Stations will determine one (1) winner based on the entry with the most valid votes. The Stations reserve the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(f) All entries (including pictures) received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will receive a fifty dollar ($50) gift certificate to Kugler’s Red Barn, two (2) Facials, two (2) Back Treatments and makeup application from Aesthetic Science Institute ($150 value), and two (2) Shamballa bracelets from MarEle Boutique ($60 value). The total value of the prize is $260.00.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification, at the time winner claims her prize in person at the Stations. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest number of votes, as determined by the Stations in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Winners are required to complete and return a W-9 form.
7. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 or on the Station’s website at www.CBS6Albany.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by May 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc., Kugler’s Red Barn, Aesthetic Science Institute and MarEle Boutique accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.