Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area, and if entering via Facebook, be an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB and WCWN (the “Stations”), Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Emerich Sales & Service, Cub Cadet, (collectively, the “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant.
(b) To enter, log on to www.CBS6Albany.com or www.CW15Albany.com or https://www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany or https://www.facebook.com/CW15Albany and click on the Gorgeous Gardens Photo contest button. Fill out the online Upickem entry form with your name, address, age and phone, then upload a photo depicting your garden. Photo must be in .jpg format. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. No incomplete entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the photograph submitted, (ii) the garden is their own, and the picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at. http://www.cbs6albany.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Stations reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on Monday, July 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM EDT and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 29, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, entries will be received from July 1 through July 22, 2012. Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, July 22, 2012 to qualify for the voting period. In addition to the voting period, eight (8) winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on the following dates: July 6, July 10, July 13 (2 drawings), July 17, July 20, July 24 and July 27. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next drawing date. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Between Monday, July 23, 2012 and Sunday, July 29, 2012, viewers will be asked to vote online for his/her favorite picture. Voting is limited to one vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. On Monday July 30, 2012, the Stations will determine one (1) grand prize winner based on the entry with the most valid votes. Facebook “likes” are not considered votes. The Stations reserve the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
(g) All entries (including pictures) received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a Cub Cadet FT-24 Garden Tiller valued at $549. The eight (8) randomly selected winners will each receive a Twenty-Five Dollar ($25) gift card to Emerich Sales & Service.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification, at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest number of votes, as determined by the Stations in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Winners are required to complete and return a W-9 form.
7. For this contest, more than one prize may be awarded per household, otherwise, contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 or on the Station’s website at www.CBS6Albany.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by August 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, Emerich Sales & Service and Cub Cadet accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.