Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be United States residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB and WCWN (collectively, the “Station”), Saratoga County Fair, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com , The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household.
(b) To enter, log onto www.CBS6Albany.com, CW15Albany.com, http://www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany, or http://www.facebook.com/CW15Albany and click on the Saratoga County Fair Contest button. Complete the online Upickem entry form with your name, address, phone, age, and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on July 1, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and ends on July 13, 2012 at 9 a.m. EDT (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by 9 a.m. EDT on each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Each Friday during the Contest Period, twenty (20) winners will be selected by random from among all entries, for a total of forty (40) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(f) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Forty (40) winners will each receive four (4) tickets for admission to the Saratoga County Fair valid ____, 2012 to ____, 2012. Station and sponsors are not responsible in the event the Saratoga County Fair is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by phone. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 5 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that [insert legal entity of station], Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 or at www.CBS6Albany.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by July 31, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Saratoga County Fair accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.