Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older,,reside in the WRGB viewing area, and are an existing user of Facebook if entering via Facebook.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB and WCWN (collectively the “Stations”), Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, The Hot Yoga Spot, Strut Spalontique, J&M Jewelers, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address.
(b) To enter, log onto the CBS6 Albany website www.cbs6albany.com to complete the UPickEm online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, and upload a photo of yourself, OR access the UPickEm online entry form by clicking “Like” on the CBS6 Albany Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CBS6Albany.com and complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, and upload a photo of yourself. Photo must be in .jpg format. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the photograph submitted, (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://www.cbs6albany.com/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on Monday, August 6, 2012 and ends on August 19, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by 12:01 p.m. EDT on each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Each of the entries will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station personnel based on content (40%) and need (60%). On August 10, 2012 and August 17, 2012, five (5) weekly winners will be determined by the judges based on the criterion set forth above, for a total of ten (10) weekly winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly judging. The 10 weekly winners will also be in the running for the grand prize drawing.
(f) Between Monday August 20, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday August 26, 2012 (the “Voting Period”) viewers will be asked to vote online for the picture of the weekly winner who they think should win the grand prize. Voting is limited to one vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. On Monday, August 27, 2012 the Station will determine one (1) grand prize winner based on the picture entry with the most valid votes. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(g) All entries (including pictures) received that are duplicate, incorrect, invalid, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Ten (10) weekly winners will be determined. The five (5) weekly winners determined on August 10, 2012 will receive one of the following prizes as determined by the Station at the time of winner determination: one (1) unlimited week of yoga classes valued at $35 to The Hot Yoga Spot, one (1) clothing gift certificate valued at $50 to Strut Spalontique, one (1) blow out and style gift certificate valued at $50 to Strut Spalontique, one (1) ½ hour facial gift certificate valued at $50 to Strut Spalontique, OR one (1) gift certificate valued at $50 to J&M Jewelers.
The five (5) weekly winners determined on August 17, 2012 will receive one of the following prizes as determined by the Station at the time of winner determination: one (1) unlimited week of yoga classes and a Goodie Bag (tote bag, water bottle, tank top) from The Hot Yoga Spot valued at $70, one (1) clothing gift certificate valued at $75 to Strut Spalontique, one (1) haircut and style gift certificate valued at $75 to Strut Spalontique, one (1) ½ hour massage valued at $45 to Strut Spalontique, OR one (1) gift certificate valued at $50 to J&M Jewelers. The Station will determine which of the weekly prizes goes to each winner.
One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) month unlimited yoga classes valued at $140 from The Hot Yoga Spot, one (1) gift certificate valued at $250 to J&M Jewelers, one (1) clothing gift certificate valued at $250 to Strut Spalontique, one (1) haircut, color, and styling gift certificate valued at $200 to Strut Spalontique, and one (1) Spa Day* gift certificate valued at $265 to Strut Spalontique. *Included in the Spa Day package is a facial valued at $120, an eye brow waxing valued at $20, a makeup lesson/application valued at $75, and a ½ hour massage valued at $45. The total value of the grand prize is $1,105
All prizes must be used by August 1, 2013.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Each winner will report to individual business to pick up the gift.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score or number of votes as the case may be, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. The odds of winning the grand prize depends on the number of votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 or on the Station’s website at www.CBS6Albany.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by August 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, The Hot Yoga Spot, Strut Spalontique, and J&M Jewelers accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
6. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.